outbound mail not working

ruminatio

Registered
I use Apple's Mail program all the time for receiving pop e-mail from gmail and from 1and1 webmail (they are my web hosting service). I also send e-mail through all these accounts often, and through gmail via Apple Mail everyday. Yesterday, for whatever reason, my outbound mail just stopped working. I hadn't changed any settings. It does not work for gmail or for my other accounts through 1and1.

I can still send mail online through the web, and sending mail through Outlook on my PC (using the same accounts) also seems to work fine. So that makes me suspect that it is not an ISP issue.

But in Apple mail I get a Cannot

I get that problem now and then and find it that the problem is resolved when I changed the 'outgoing mail server' to my ISP's.

Where it might have been 'mail.mydomain.com' to mail.myisp.com or whatever they have on their support site.

Hope this helps,

Sisko

Yep. Outbound mail: Always check SMTP-server. Ever since the first big spam-wave, SMTP-servers have been locked down so you can only send through them if you're either on the provider's network or authenticate through some means.

Back