outlook addresses to address book

kornygirl

Registered
I am a new mac user, had to switch with my husband, since he missed using his PC. Anyway, I had over 100 email addresses in my Outlook Express 6 contact list. I had made a backup about a month ago. I do this everytime I add new contacts, just incase. I have them all saved on a disk, they are in .csv (comma seperated value), which would open up in excel if you didn't import into outlook.
My question is, is it possible to somehow put those into my address book? It would be so much easier then having to type each one out individually. Especially seeing as I don't remember each email individually. Amazing how we rely on these machines to do the simplest things.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While I'm here, can anyone recommend a good easy to use website builder. I've been using FrontPage, I actually have a site up and now I can't make updates or anything like that, since all the files are PC format. So I was just going to start all over again. I downloaded Fetch, and it works great. Now I just need a builder.
Thanks in advance for the help.
~kornygirl~

you can always start using Dreamweaver, but if you use any Frontpage extensions...you will up a creek. The files aren't really PC files at all if they are for the web...I am sure they are jut standard .html files...correct?

kornygirl said:
I am a new mac user, had to switch with my husband, since he missed using his PC. Anyway, I had over 100 email addresses in my Outlook Express 6 contact list. I had made a backup about a month ago. I do this everytime I add new contacts, just incase. I have them all saved on a disk, they are in .csv (comma seperated value), which would open up in excel if you didn't import into outlook.
My question is, is it possible to somehow put those into my address book? It would be so much easier then having to type each one out individually. Especially seeing as I don't remember each email individually. Amazing how we rely on these machines to do the simplest things.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While I'm here, can anyone recommend a good easy to use website builder. I've been using FrontPage, I actually have a site up and now I can't make updates or anything like that, since all the files are PC format. So I was just going to start all over again. I downloaded Fetch, and it works great. Now I just need a builder.
~kornygirl~
Can you export them as vCards?

kornygirl said:
~kornygirl~

Netscape is a good beginning using it's inbuilt Composer. It's pretty basic but it helps gives a feel of things. It may even open the FrontPage files and be editable in it too, not sure.

If Freeway is available for OSX, that taught me a lot as well and that was when I was using Classic OS though.

DreamWeaver can do basic layouts and as you go you can become experimental and creative by adding Flash or any other media etc (plan your page first is recommended in my opinion)

Sorry I can't help with your address book issue

aquamacus said:
you can always start using Dreamweaver, but if you use any Frontpage extensions...you will up a creek. The files aren't really PC files at all if they are for the web...I am sure they are jut standard .html files...correct?

Yes, they are just .html files. You know, I never even thought of that.

You can just import those into address book with the CSV file...under file->import. I know this is how it works on Tiger...not sure if it is the same way on Panther or whatever OS you might be running...

Back