Outlook Mac Not Launching

willybilly

Registered
My outlook mac is not working properly and does not launch when I click on its icon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Without knowing what version of Outlook and your OS, or a description of what it is doing (any error messages?), try restarting your computer.

My outlook version is 14.4.7 and Ihave already tried restarting and rebuilding the database using Microsoft Database Utility to no use. The dataabase rebulding gives up midway and outlook still remains unresponsive and doesn't launch. Will try uninstalling and re-installing and report back.

I uninstalled and re-installed outlook mac and it again rebuilt my outlook database. This time it took quite a while for rebuilding and I guess finished rebuilding as it got my emails back but a lot of emails are missing from outlook now. A few of those emails are very important and I require them urgently. Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks Joe for the suggestion. I tried almost every resource available online to get out of this issue but Microsoft has made outlook so complicated that nothing worked. Atlast I relied on outlook tool suggested by Joe and it was able to gather my emails directly from outlook identity. I have moved onto Apple Mail since then.

Thanks Joe for the suggestion. I tried almost every resource available online to get out of this issue but Microsoft has made outlook so complicated that nothing worked. Atlast I relied on outlook tool suggested by Joe and it was able to gather my emails directly from outlook identity. I have moved onto Apple Mail since then.

Let me know the steps that had been used by you for gathering all emails from Outlook identity? Kindly acknowledge about file format of data file.

Back