Overclocking Blue & White G3 400

MDLarson

Registered
I was inspired after MacAddict's article on overclocking G3s, and tried to pull it off. I might have, if I found small enough jumpers to replace the white block thingy. I looked and asked around at a few stores, but didn't get much help.

Has anybody had any experience with this?

Hi there....Well...I wouldn't recommended this but u have to use anti-static equipment to prevent shorting life with the hardware....soo actually u don't have to get jumper block u can buy small jumpers or get some at a computer recycling store...they are so cheap. so u can change jumpers urself and check www.xlr8yourmac.com for overclocking information on jumpers and warnings and etc. I have got it to 450 MHz from 400 MHz....and 500 MHz will not work for u....it's too fast for the cache to handle or maybe too hot dunno...

I've heard of a company charging WAY too much for some pre-configured jumber blocks... I know that the way to go is to buy the little jumpers and follow MacAddict's nifty little article, but I couldn't locate jumpers small enough.

Where did you get your jumpers from, specifically?

I got them for free from a really nice mac guy in RE-PC (computer recycling center) u get seperate jumpers not the whole block so u can configure anyway u want. u can see zillions of them even on hard drives or motherboards or whatever that will fit those pins....good luck on that...

Back