P910i syncing with Mac OSX

Chic0

aka Norman Gah
I have a Powerbook 12" and have just upgraded my mobile phone to a Sony Ericsson P910i. I won't have the phone till thursday but would just like to know if anyone else has one and has been able to sync their contacts/calender via bluetooth?

Also does anyone know if you can copy files via bluetooth directly onto the memory stick in the phone?

Cheers

C

i've no experience with your phone, i'm using a nokia 3650, and the only thing i can say is that you have to keep open the tcp port 3004...

Cheers. Will have a look for that tcp port thing. Tried using it with isync last night via bluetooth but it couldn't see the phone.

Everything else seems to work fine over bluetooth e.g can transfer files and also use phone as modem via bluetooth. Just need to sort out syncing address book.

I have a P900 (well since Feb :p) and i've never had much of a issue really. Just enable bluetooth, pair the machine and the phone, and add your phone into iSync. Always works a treat for me. :)

I also use "BluePhoneElite" which manages my calls and does a few tricks via Bluetooth (Pauses iTunes when a call comes in, show's caller ID and stuff on screen etc etc...) So i'd recommend having a look at that too. :)

The bluetooth chipsets in the P900 and P910i are different. Someones suggested that OSX does not yet support the P910i. Might have to wait for 10.3.6 to be released or an update from Apple. I can transfer files via bluetooth fine, it's just iSync that i cant get working with it :-(

As for BluePhoneLite I heard from somewhere that something like that existed but didn't know what it was called or where to get it from. Just found it on Versiontracker so I'll be installing that this weekend at some point :D

Cheers!

Downloaded lastest OSX and iSYNC updates over weekend. Can now sync up P910i with Powerbook! :D

Also got hold of BluePhoneElite which is kinda useful. Espeically like the fact that it will pause iTunes when you receive a call. Nice.

Back