Page range issues when printing a book

Prefap

Registered
Hello,

I want to print a book in A5 format and have it bound. The bookbinder requested me to hand him printed sets of 4 A4, printed on both sides. The A4 are folded and then sown into the book. The book is about 750 pages. My document layout is in A4, but for proper printing output I'll use the option File>Print>Copies & Pages (select: Layout)> 2 pages per sheet. This works fine (but if there are better ways: please let me know).

Printing in these 4 sets poses some page numbering problems. The pages need to be reordered so the when the 4 A4 are folded the pagenumbering is correct. It's not very difficult to solve. For example:

1st range:16,1,2,15,14,3,4,13,12,5,6,11,10,7,8,9
2nd range:32,17,18,31,30,19,20,29,28,21,22,27,26,23,24,25
3rd range: etc...

The problem
Is the big amount of pages. I'd like to prepare the document in PDF for printing. I have prepared textstrings with the correct page ranges to end up with sets of 4 A4, but I cannot copy them straight into the Page Range menu in Word (File>Print>Page Range). I don't like to do it by hand because of the margin for error.

Questions

Is there a way to copy/paste straight into the Page Range menu or perhaps create a link to a text file containing the string?;
Is there a limit to the amount of pages that can be entered in one string into the Page Range menu? (pretty important otherwise I end up with multiple documents = undesirable);
Is there an application available that performs the page-reordering as suggested above?;

Thanks in advance.

Back