Pagemaker 7 and Tiger

crowmedia

Registered
Has anyone tried Pagemaker 7 or Photoshop 7 with Tiger. They work in classic in OS X 2.8, but I'm thinking the Tiger classic emulation may have been changed radically enough not to accept these programs anymore. Aslo is there any reason I can't take Tiger off a MiniMac and reload with earlier versions of OSX?

Many Thanks,

James

Not sure about your answer, but I would recommend an upgrade to InDesign. It has done an adequate job at opening our old PageWrecker files for us.

PageMaker 7.0.1 works fine with Tiger in classic mode on my powerbook. What you need to understand is that a Mac is not a Mac is not a Mac. Meaning that this PowerBook operates differently than a mini, just as both do operate the same way as an iMac. So what may work on my machine may not work on yours. PageMaker is old stuff as far as the OS is concerned and there may be deep issues with PageMaker printing in classic on a newer Mac, just be aware.
It is likely that a Mini will refuse to boot up in an earlier OS. It is a very different mother board but they did ship those for a long time with 10.3 so you may be able to work that.

Thanks to all~great group. The question about the Mini is for a friend. We'll see if it might accept an earlier OS. I use InDesign2 myself on my g4s, along with Pagemaker all running under OS 10.2.8, the most stable system I've found (I print monthly newspapers), and have been afraid to update any farther for fear that Photoshop 7 won't be able to run in the newer system classic modes. Good point about about differences between puters. My laptop run some that my g4 tower won't, but then I ahve an earlier OSX with full classic 9...runs everything.

Thanks again!

I had the same problem.. upgraded to indesign-pagemaker addition, it will open the pagemaker files in indesign and convert them back to pagemaker files.

Back