Pages :-(

FrgMstr

Registered
I dont know if this is just me but ive just started to use pages and i must say I am sooo disapointed, theyve tried to make it so simple that there is nothing in it!

I mean you cant even select the alignment of the text from the toolbar! It really is lacking unless im missing something?

It doesnt remember preferences i.e. i want the ruler to be showing all the time except everytime I start it up I need to reset that! It also keeps on bugging me to register on every start up! I dont want too!!!

Oh well thats my rant over! :D

OK I take that back I just found the text inspector and it seems cool! :D haha excuse me im still a new convert.

Something that you'll find more and more true as you explore the world of Mac:

You think to yourself "wouldn't it be cool if [this piece of Apple software] did this", only to find out that it already does. :)

Kap

also search for the key shortcuts. It will make your work a lot easier than leaving the inspector opened or open it anytime you need to change something.

Hmm yes very true Zammy, i shall do that now.

OK ive played with it quite a bit now and on my 12" powerbook its almost impossible to use it to do anything particularly useful. This is mainly because you cant even just quickly change font or weighting of a line of text without actually opening up an inspector which for some irritating reason wont actually hide itself, you have to close it.

I mean ms word's toolbar works so why ditch it or atleast go that bit too far from the tried and tested ways :-(

Other than that it seems good, it just needs a nice big TFT to use it effectively.

Back