Palm and OSX

buc99

Don't Tread on Me!
I've been struggling to connect my Palm m505 to my TiBook under OSX 10.1.3 and IrDA. I get a connection and then it breaks in the middle of the hotsync. Then when I try to re-connect it says that the port is being used by something else. Anyway to test and or reset the IR port? Does anyone know what the IR port number is? Sometimes I can install software this way and sometimes I can't.
Has anyone else had the same issues?
Is there some trick to this?
Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,:)
SA

I had the same problem with the same set up. Eventually I thought, maybe the problem is with the handheld - reset the Palm and tried again......it worked fine and has done more or less since. Hope this helps!

is there a reason you cant use the cradle? my clie works fine over its usb cradle, that might work better

I use the cradle when I am at work. But every once in a while when I'm at home I would like to add something to my palm and my cradle is at work. I guess I could just pack it up wherever I go, but then that is a pain. The IR works fine in beaming stuff back and forth between my Palm and someone else's. I just wished the IR talked to my Powerbook somewhat better than it does. The other thing is, even with the cradle, I get disconnected every now nd then prematurely. This does not always happen, but it seems to happen once a day. And I have no clue whether the problem lies in the Palm or the Palm software on the Mac. Probably the latter since it had no difficulties in 9.2 or classic. I just don't want to have to boot into either of these two to use it.

Thanks,
SA:)

I had the same problems with my m100 and my TiBook via IrDA. Even resulted in my first kernel panic in 10.1. But I might try this resetting, maybe it works out.
Maybe just logging out an in again frees the IrDA port, did you try?

Back