Palm Desktop launches classic on startup?

Gwailo

B.A. Economics (Hon)
For some reason, the latest version of Palm Desktop (and it's been the latest for a long time--no recent updates) always launches Classic whenever I open it.

What's the deal? Can I stop this?

Do a "Get Info" on it (Comand I) and see if it says Classic Application

if it dose you might have accidnetly DLed the Clasic version :rolleyes:

Good suggestion, but perhaps I was unclear in my original explaination: I open Palm Desktop (version X BTW), it opens the calendar etc all fine, THEN opens Classic. It seems to be some kind of routine in the application startup. I was thinking it might be trying to access an extension of some kind?

PS. There are two easy ways to tell if the application is Classic: the Dock icon is ugly and does not scale well when magnified, and the installer won't work since it's Classic ;) That is, since I don't have classic installed at all.

BTW I think that is something StuffIt should take a look at. All the SEA archives I've downloaded all try to launch Classic; I have to drop it onto StuffIt Expander to get it to unstuff, even if there's a Cocoa application inside :eek:

ok well with the SEA thing i can help you

click on a .SEA file and then (once again) go to "get Info" (i bet your getting the idea that i like get info :D ) and go to "Open with application" search for Stuffit in other... (if it isn't already an option) and then at the bottom Click "Change All..." and that should fix it

and if you say that "oh you missunderstood me" i am gonna through a tissy fit :D lol

Yeah i tried that first, and guess what, on my system (perhaps universally) Open With Application is "Not an Option" for SEA files.

I click on that item in the list box, and the pane is greyed out with some similar (to "not an option") text where the appication list should be.

in to "other..." pop up screen did you click on the "Show:" Menu and switch it from "Recommended Applications" to "All Applications" because OS X has programs that it assumes are ment for that file

i mean you could open a .RTF in Chess.app
(i am not saying that it would work but you can do it)

you have AIM or something like that because this would be easer in real time:cool:

Back