Palm goes to the darkside...

I thought Palm was also coming out with a Linux based palm device as well. Maybe they are just riding the fence?

Are palms still in much use? Considering their cost and specs I would rather have a iBook...now, if only they have a touch screen.

I still see a lot of them here and there...far more than I'd expect to see. BTW that particular model that's going to run Win is a phone one.

I was gonna wait and see what the Treo 700 was going to be, i like the improvements (better keyboard, better display, Verizon's 3G network, Bluetooth improved) but Window's Mobile doesn't support sync with my Powerbook. And is prone to Virus infection and crashes regularly, i prefer the Palm OS to any other one.

Fark You Palm i'll stick to my Tungsten E...

This kills dead ANY credibility for Palm's OS. What a shame. So, if you're not into having a phone with PDA functions (coz not all of us want radiation induced tumors or God knows what over the coming decades), what are the options now?

Windows or....?

Zaurus?

I would like to see you stick that iBook in your pocket! I cant lice without my Treo. I havehad a long line of Palm devices and this one is the best yet! I will not buy a Windows OS Palm device though. Maybe a Linux one, but hopefully Palm will not go all Microsuck in their devices.

It would be nice to see a reasonably priced Linux PDA from Palm using one of the many Linux PDA interfaces out there (nothing custom made that would remove features that the open source PDA GUIs have). I've had my eyes on the Zaurus but they are too expensive. Something with Palm's hardware design and Linux would definitely be one item on my Christmas list. :p

Yep, I think one should wait and see what a Treo 700w actually works like. Also: They might still bring out a Treo 700p running Palm OS, who knows. (There's a lot of petitions and lettering going on currently, I'm sure...) But actually, I'm still waiting for Apple's smartphone, that will make all others look ridiculous - just like the iPod did with other MP3 players. (I know, that could still take a couple of years, but until then, I'll be using Series 60 and Series 80 phones, thank you.)

Back