Palm - Hotsync with Bluetooth Problem

Ifrit

Registered
Today I bought a Bluetooth dongle (Trust BT180 Class 1 USB Bluetooth Adaptor). Connecting and "pairing" devices works fine, I am able to receive and send files, isync works fine with my t610. The only problem I have is that syncing my Palm Tungsten T5 over Bluetooth doesn't work.

I didn't used the isync conduit. The first thing I did, was trying to sync the palm with the standard Palm hotsync program. Unfortunally I get only this error message: "Unable to establish connection. Serial port is already in use." (this error is displayed on the palm screen)

Strange things:

In the Bluetooth Preference Pane only "OBEX object push" is listened as service for my Palm.

As BT services for my mobile phone serial port 1 and serial port 2 are listened among others, but there is no way to switch/enable these services for my palm.

My Mobile phone is not connected (switched off) at the moment so it isn't possible that it could claim these connection/services for itself.

I also tried to disconnect and connect the dongle but this didn't fix anything.

edit:

my System:

ibook G3 700MHz
OSX 10.3.7

Ok, I found the solution by myself. The Hotsync listening on the BT serial port was accidentaly disabled, so the incomming sync connection could not be processed. :rolleyes:

Back