Palm IIIxe : HotSync / iSync issues...

AxsDeny

Registered
I have a Palm IIIxe (ancient, I know) which is supposedly supported by iSync.

I have the serial cradle with a serial to USB adapter.

I installed Palm Desktop 4.1, the Palm iSync Conduit, and then the new version of iSync. I then enabled the iSync conduit in the HotSync Manager.

In iSync, the Palm device shows up. There it is: "Dave". I click 'Sync Now' and it informs me to press the button on the cradle, which I do.

This is where the problem happens. The Palm simply will not communicate with the machine. I get the screen on the Palm that indicates it is trying to connect, but then it errors and says it couldn't eastablish a connection.

Does anyone have any tricks for me regarding the Palm III series PDA's? I'd love to get this thing to sync.

You didn't mention what Mac you're trying this on, but you may want to check with Palm to see if a USB cradle/cable is available for your PDA. I suspect this may have something to do with your problem.

It's a dual 1 ghz G4 Tower. 1.5 Gb Ram. Mac OS X 10.2.6.

I tried this at home on my g4 tower (dual 500mhz and OSX10.2.6) and I had no problem. It's got to be a software conflict... wrong load order, etc...

I'm not buying a $200 USB cradle to make life easier. This should be a no brainer...

Back