Panic Software release Unison Usenet Reader...

octane

I have issues, OK!
Panic have just released Unison

So if like me, you use Transmit, then this is bound to be a cool.

Just downloaded it, giving it a spin...

Man, people are still using usenet? I haven't been on it in at least five years. I'm quite anxious to see it again. :)

The biggest problem with usenet was that there were so many groups, unless you knew before hand what you wanted, it was useless.

Panic have put together a bunch of favorites that make it pretty good a research tool.

Also, when you go into a group, it sorts all of the messages, sounds, movies and images out under a tabbed interface so you can listen to music files inline or view images as thumbnails.

Very slick...

So am I right in assuming that you have to pay to get access to the service, if your ISP doesn't offer it?

For a really good Usenet service check out www.eternews.com
They have 4 servers with over 100000 groups available for $9.95 / month and less.

Using it for over 2 years now and never had a downtime and allways fast access there. But there are many other news-provider out there if you don't like this one. Just try google. There are also some free newsserver but they often have slow servers and limited groups. But maybe this is enough for you.

Back