Panther For $39

doofy10

Registered
I just ordered Panther from my schools computer store for $39. I'm not sure if anyone else's school is having this kind of deal, but it beats the hell out of $129!
-Doofy

Originally posted by Ripcord
That IS good, isn't the normal student price like $69?

Hmmm.. And you're sure it's legit?

Yeah its legit. My schools computer store is having a party at 8 PM on Friday night for Panther. They are only honoring the $39 price if its preordered, otherwise, its $69.
-Doofy

Dude, bro! My school charges the full $69!

Dude, and your school's having a party for the OS release? Man, I need to transfer!

Originally posted by Trip
Man that's nice!
I get it for free. And legal too! :)
how'dja manage that Trip?

I wish they'll rerun X for Teachers again. It was sweet getting Jaguar for free (my mom's a teacher).

I hope I will get the free panther - at least my mom should buy it ;^) I need that and a 40GB firewire drive to back all my stuff up to - I haven't wiped the HD on my iMac since we got it (almost three years ago...)
If I get panther the whole drive is getting wiped!

Real nice deal man - I don't see my mom actually coughing up the cash to upgrade, I can't get it through to her that this upgrade is real big and has all kinds of improvements. But If I'm lucky I'll be at southdale on saturday and my mom will feel like it's a good idea to cough up $200 for our beleaguered old iMac. btw - what's the average price for a clunky old 40GB firewire HD? about $100? Because that seems like a lot - but I haven't seen anything cheaper then that anywhere on the web.

Originally posted by Golfer099
And Which school is this? I would preorder for $39 geez - email me golfer099@aol - i can only get it for $69

I go to Florida State University. You can go to http://computerstore.fsu.edu/ to see the deal, but I'm not sure if anyone can buy it. I believe you have to be affiliated with the university to get the discount.
-Doofy

Affiliated? I recently graduated from college... am i still able to get the discount... or should I stop trying to save a few dollars and cough up the regular price for the first time?

considering how much school costed, I feel ENTITLED to a discount, i have my student ID, and all my online student things still function. I'll show my card when i go to the Apple Store and see what happens.

You can only get educational software discounts on Panther online...I already asked at the Apple Store, it's a no-go

I like Kjetil's idea, preorder like 50 copies and sell them for $45 on eBay. Hehehe...

I doubt they'd let you do that, though.

FSU selld you the first one for $39, after that, its like $50 each. They're not stupid, they're not gonna sell someone 50 copies...if they did, I'D buy em. lol

Back