Panther Problems!?

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
I'm hearing that some people are having complete nightmares, but i guess it can only be expected. Any opinions? (Im still running Jaguar)

am wondering why they do have such probs. Everything works just fine here. From my point I would surely suggest everyone to switch to panther.

I've heard terrible things happening to LaCie FW/USB2 (Combo) harddrives. My Maxtor hasn't had a single problem with Panther - from early builds to final.

Of course, I urge everyone to take this chance to make a clean install (or at least archive & install) in order to get a clean Panther set up.

Clean install is certainly the way to go.

Initially, I did a custom install - and it was very sluggish - much slower than 10.2.4 (something was clearly wrong). Once I decided to do a clean install, it made all the difference - now it goes like a rocket!

I think some of the CDs in the first batch had some problems. My first CD won't work on my Flat panel iMac. Past that, using another disk 1, I got Panther installed, clean install, and everything is working great. I still have yet to call Apple about the CD though. Other than that, Panther is a must get upgrade.

Everything is working smoothly on my iBook. I first did an upgrade, and everything worked fine...but I decided I needed a fresh install since i went from 10.1.5 to 10.2 via an upgrade and then 10.3...I wiped and freshly installed Panther...and man, I once again enjoy working with this little machine...Mail is super fast, window redraws are quick....god, I LOVE DRAGGING WINDOWS!! *Screams like a schoolgirl*

Back