panther's compatibility w/ ps, illustrator, etc???

mongoose

Registered
i'm planning on uprading to panther from the first generation os x. would there be any problems with running my current apps?

thanks in advance. ;)

If what you have now is OS X 10.0.x (the first generation) then upgrading to Panther should give you noticeable improvements in every aspect of using your Mac. If your apps are current, then you should expect them to be updated for compatibility with OS X, and, generally speaking, you should expect all of your apps to work faster, launch more quickly, be more stable (because the system is more stable) as a result of upgrading to Panther.
Make sure you have enough memory installed (minimum 512 MB) and that you have enough free space available on your boot partition. If your hard drive is fairly small (say, 10-15 GB) you should assure that you have at least 2-3 GB free space. Then, check if updates are available for better use with Panther for ALL the apps you want to use. If you have older apps using Classic, then those should continue to work OK. But, consider upgrading to an OS X native version.

nope, they're OSX native like photoshop 7 and illustrator 10. i'm excite about this upgrade. i've heard a lot of good things about panther. i just wanna make sure that i don't have to buy new programs because i would not be able to afford it:)

deltamac, thanks for your help.

Back