Parallels and Leopard, no taskbar

Lazarus18

In debt medical student
Anyone encounter this? The taskbar is there in convergence mode, but just missing in full screen or windowed mode. Everything works all right, but you can't see the taskbar, or click on anything that should be there. Was working fine under Tiger.

Very annoying. I'm running (well, actually my dad is, it's his machine) the latest build, 5582, and W2K as the guest OS. Maybe I should have gotten him Fusion. I'm running that and have had no problems with Leopard.

dont know why its happening, can fix it by either going to the start menu (using the windows/apple key) and then going into the control pannel and changing the taskbar settings to auto hide and then back again, or just kill the explorer.exe process and restart it from the task manager. but i have no clue why this started happening.

its definitely parallels tools also, because with the tools uninstalled, this problem doesnt happen.

Dear Users,

Please keep in mind that the latest Parallels Desktop 3.0 build 5160 introduced some changes to the Windows taskbar hiding as was requested by many beta-testers: now the program remembers two independent settings for taskbar in Coherence and the other view modes.
If you had the option to hide Windows taskbar checked in some older Parallels Desktop build, you may see that taskbar has disappeared in the Fullscreen/Single Window modes too after updating. To solve this issue just re-enable showing the taskbar for these modes (you can use Parallels "Applications" menubar), the setting for Coherence to hide/show the taskbar can be controled the same way and will be remembered separately.

Back