Parallels confusion

guapagirl

Registered
I need to run SPSS on my macbook, but it's not compatible, so I thought I'd try Parallels (because virtual pc won't run on intel, right?). Anyhow, on the install bit, it's asking me to put in the authorisation code for windows xp. But I don't have windows xp!

Does this mean I have to have parallels AND windows xp to run spss for windows on my MB?

I'm sorry if these seem like simple questions, but I'm tearing my hair out here! I HAVE to have spss!

Please help!

Liz

Thanks Eric.

TBH, I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and just work on the college pcs. The main reason I got the MB though was so I could work on the two hour journey there and back.

I have a hard enough time getting my head round tiger and windows (at college), without scrambling my brains further with another system!

If you are in college, XP should be around $49 in the bookstore as an OS upgrade and yes OS X is considered ok my Microsoft, parallels was $40 when i bought it, $79 now, still cheaper than buying a PC with XP.You'd need it if you ran Bootcamp too.

Back