parellels desktop + pen tablet

jole

Registered
i just made the switch from boot camp to parallels. i use a windows-based proprietary software and need the flexibility of switching from windows to mac without rebooting constantly.

i use a pen tablet extensively, not only for my graphic design work, but also for the majority of my navigating.

a great deal of my workflow is : file management in osx and image processing in photoshop (also in osx), then switch to windows and create image/data packages which are readable by the windows-based software made by the company i work for.

here's the problem :

i installed the xp drivers for my wacom tablet, but when i try to edit the settings, it says there is no driver / tablet found. if i try to connect the USB device, i get a message stating :

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually."

the tablet actually works in the guest os environment, but not the way i want it to be mapped. i wish i could open the pen tablet settings and change them so that it is perfectly mapped relative to my screen.

i've searched around a bit and find that the USB device issue is not uncommon, but i'm not sure whether it can be fixed.

anyone else have insight into this ?

+

Back