Paris Expo

Nah, even employee's at non apple retail stores have the lowdown most of the time. Just before I got my iMac the salesperson at firsttech (this is back before apple stores even existed) was real coy about it, but said that new iMacs were gonna come out pretty soon. Maybe one or two months even. But apple was clearing their retail channels, and there were all kinds of deals on the iMac, so we got it. This was late november, early december 2001 (?) and MWNY next January is when the lampshades got released :^( Those computers are really awesome...

I meant for leaking information.

Mr. K: It's the ultimate dilemma—older (outdated?) computer at rock-bottom clearance, or brand-shpankin' new awesomenish at a premium price? My dad went for the former; he just got a dual 867 G4 windtunnel for $900 to replace his upgraded 7300 (with a 400 Mhz G3 inside) because it wouldn't work with his DSL service. Nice machine...

Yeah, I've loved this computer for a few years now... but it's so old! I wanna get into some lucrative buisness and then get a powerbook and a 30" cinema display! But I'll live, this rock serves me well, even if it does it slowly.

Originally posted by ksv
It's the "year of the laptops" after all ;)

What I want to know is, what could they possibly do to the laptop line that would make it bigger news than the G5? G5 laptops?? That would definatly be an amazing accomplishment. Perhaps IBM has made a moble version of the PPC970 like Intel has done with the Centrino.

Originally posted by Captain Code
What I want to know is, what could they possibly do to the laptop line that would make it bigger news than the G5? G5 laptops?? That would definatly be an amazing accomplishment. Perhaps IBM has made a moble version of the PPC970 like Intel has done with the Centrino.

I don't know why they shouldn't make a G5 laptop. I heard some Apple guy said there wouldn't be G5 laptops for a long while yet, something which I do not believe as they never answer such questions that directly.
The G5 actually dissipates less heat than the G4 per MHz already.

Originally posted by ksv
I don't know why they shouldn't make a G5 laptop. I heard some Apple guy said there wouldn't be G5 laptops for a long while yet, something which I do not believe as they never answer such questions that directly.
The G5 actually dissipates less heat than the G4 per MHz already.

Yeah, they are cooler at the same clock rate, but I think they are hotter than the G4's at their current clock rate.

That could have just been that guy's opinion as some people act as if what they say is fact even when it's not :)

But, I really can't think of what else they could do to make the laptops bigger news than the G5 Powermacs if they don't put G5s in the Powerbooks.

Originally posted by Captain Code
Yeah, they are cooler at the same clock rate, but I think they are hotter than the G4's at their current clock rate.

That could have just been that guy's opinion as some people act as if what they say is fact even when it's not :)

But, I really can't think of what else they could do to make the laptops bigger news than the G5 Powermacs if they don't put G5s in the Powerbooks.

Well, there was talk about OLED displays and stuff. But I can only see an LCD Engineer job available, nothing else display related.
Go G5 PowerBook ;)

G5 powerbook is most welcome if they have it ready the day they reveal it. If they do it the powermac way, no powerbook will be sold during September, October or November...

A G5 powerbook would be nice. I have the luxury of not needing it this second, so if they don't ship 'til Dec that suits me fine as I wont need to order until Jan anyway! :D

Hopefully they will at least bring the 15" onto the same level as the 12" & 17" as a 15" would do me fine, but the enhanced spec (excluding the screen) of the 17" would suit me better.

Well, I needed it 2 weeks ago, I'm holding on cause I'm waiting for the update...no matter what is announced in Paris, I'm ordering ASAP

Originally posted by DJ Dylan
Apple announcing a new 12" Powerbook just agravates me, I JUST bought my 12" like 3 months ago!!!!

Then ya broke the computer purchase rule #1 - when buying new stuff, order only right after a new model has been announced or released ;)

Back