Partial printing to a Windows shared MFC-6800

dgcassidy

Registered
I've set up a Brother MFC-6800 on Windows XP (SP2) so it's shared. My other Windows box prints to it, no problem. My Mac OS X 10.3 boxes are having a weird problem, though. Whenever they print to the printer, only 1/4 or 1/3 of the page is printed. The rest is blank.

I'm using the latest Brother drivers from their site; I've tried installing Gimp-Print but that didn't work.

Can anyone provide some help on this? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,
Dave

Wouldn't you know it: after days of fiddling with this, I fix it right after I post a question about it!

The fix is to share the Windows printer that uses the native Microsoft drivers. If you share the printer that uses the Brother driver, it doesn't work. Bizarre.

dgcassidy said:
I've set up a Brother MFC-6800 on Windows XP (SP2) so it's shared. My other Windows box prints to it, no problem. My Mac OS X 10.3 boxes are having a weird problem, though. Whenever they print to the printer, only 1/4 or 1/3 of the page is printed. The rest is blank.

I'm using the latest Brother drivers from their site; I've tried installing Gimp-Print but that didn't work.

Can anyone provide some help on this? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,
Dave

Back