Parts for sale

yoyo1234

Registered
Over Christmas I had an INCREDIBLE stoke of bad luck. My roommate spilled soda on my iBook and blew out the back lighting. Forcing me to to buy a new one. Then two days later the power supply died on my Grape 333 MHz iMac. Forcing me to buy a new iMac. I have taken all the parts I want out of the two computers but would like to sell the rest for parts. Any takers? Here is what I have left:

iBook
600 MHz
Combo Drive
20 GB harddrive
128MB Ram
Battery
AC Adapter
All orginal CDs

iMac
333MHz
CD ROM
No Hard Drive (I kept it)
Either 128 or 256 MB RAM (I am not sure which)
Orginal Keyboard and Mouse
All Orginal CDs

It is a dual USB 600 MHz iBook with a combo CD/CDR/CDRW/DVD drive. It boots up but has no video. My roommate spilled a small amount of grape flavored soda on the keyboard. The rep at the Apple store felt the video back lighting was damaged and it would be a costly repair. That's why I selling it for parts.

Any other info you need?

Question: Is your roommate still alive? Seriously, though, how did you two go about settling this issue?

My iBook doesnt turn on... I cant charge it because something is wrong with the power supply...

I think its the female part of the iBooks power... The part in the computer...

I dont know if you know what I am talking about, but my iBook is like, dead with out this....

I could REALLY use it.

Originally posted by Alex
My iBook doesnt turn on... I cant charge it because something is wrong with the power supply...

I think its the female part of the iBooks power... The part in the computer...

I dont know if you know what I am talking about, but my iBook is like, dead with out this....

I could REALLY use it.

If it's the thing inside the iBook you're talking about, it's probably the connector that has loosened from the motherboard. I've fixed a couple of those. Does the connector feel loose? Try to press it down while the plug is in, and see if it charges then :)
If you want to send your iBook over the atlantic ocean I could take a look on it :)

Well, my roommate is really my "domestic partner" of almost nine years. I know he did not mean it so I just ate the cost of a new iBook. He feels guilty enough about it and I don't think it would be right to make him feel worse by making him buy me a whole new computer. I guess that's what tests the strength of a good relationship. Furthermore, he's deaf. Thank GOD he could not hear the cursewords I was using when it happened. It would have made truckdriver blush ;o)

Anway, so far I have a bid of $150.00 for the iBook and nothing so far for the iMac. I would really like to get $200.00 out of it. Bear in mind, shipping is not included, and I have no idea how much that will run.

Keep the bids coming...

Yoyo,

I don't think a spill on the keyboard area would ruin the backlight. The optical drive sits under the right half of the keyboard, and a spill on the left half would probably end up on the motherboard. I'd bet the iBook could be disassembled, cleaned, and returned to working condition.

I'd be willing to try for no charge, if you cover shipping both ways.

Also, you say the machine works except for the screen. I hope you've booted into target disk mode and saved your data.

Chris

Yoyo, was the spill near the U and Y keys? The backlight cable plugs into the logic board under there. A spill might have shorted something, but as I said, it might also be possible to clean the area inside.

Chris

14 months.

Just an FYI. Some one PMed me and offered $200.00 and I am waiting for a response from that person. If I do not hear from them by the end of today then I will let you have it.

Sound good?

I just found a local person who is going to try to fix my broken iBook. Therefore, I will be taking that item off the "auction block" for a while.

Sorry everyone for the confusion and getting your hopes up. :(

Back