Password Problem!

crusader247

Registered
ok so heres whats happened (Mac OS X 10.3.5)

I was playing around in the system prefs and put a password on my account (i didnt have one before). When i decided I was too lazy to have a password (and because is causes issues with permissions stuff on my home network) i found out i can no longer make a blank password, it tells me that its too short.

So being the Unix newbie i am i tried to log in as root on the terminal to change it there, but when i press enter to leave a blank passwd, it just says password not changed.

I also tried deleting the "passwd" value in NetInfo manager. This worked so that i can log in without a password (but the prompt still comes up i just leave it blank). But aparently this didnt change all my passwords, because now everytime i get on Safari, the app need permission to use the Keychain dealy...and the password i have to use is "halo2" (the one i temporarly changed it to). I also have to use halo2 somtimes when i log on to it from a different machine.

So how can i fix it so 1)I dont have to be prompted for a blank password when i log on and 2) dont have to type the old password for some stuff

Back