PB 12": Missing Little Rubber Foot

PowerBook165c

Registered
Folks:

I'm not trolling--I like my PowerBook 12"--but one of the little rubber feet fell out. I talked with AppleCare, and they won't cover it and say that it cannot be fixed due to the nature of the case--and insist that I must have pried it out. I did nothing that would cause the foot to be torn or otherwise forced out, so as far as I know it just fell out. I travel with it a lot, but it has its own cushioned case, and I baby it. I even bough that iKlear crap to clean it just to be safe! Is there any way to fix this? I'm dealing with a $2700 laptop that now has a wobble, which Apple does not want to fix, and I'm pretty upset.

I have attached an image of the home of the MIA LRF. To see a comparison, please visit Mac OS X Images at photos.yahoo.com/amazingwok (not pictured is me about to throw it out the window).

Thanks,

--PB165c

[Note: This has been cross-posted at another forum.]

Attachments

• lrf.jpg
    lrf.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 8
For the 15" the solition was to take a slice from the eraser stuck to the end of a pencil.

Originally posted by Solaris
For the 15" the solition was to take a slice from the eraser stuck to the end of a pencil.

Thanks for the imput. Someone else suggested some replacement feet on eBay for a more stock-looking replacement. I'm not sure how well they work, but I'll give both a try.

Thanks,

--GT

Back