PB G4 USB port broken?

butre

Registered
Hi

Recently i noticed a usb port problem with my new PB (feb 2005 model) G4 15". I finally upgraded in February as my G3 Pismo had served its cause.

on the right hand side USB port i had a USB cable inserted and it seems that the USB port is now broken, when you plug in a USB cable it seems to move a bit and i had a keyboard freeze on my hands at a certain point too.

I think what might have happened is that the USB port itself has kind of broken of the motherboard and is causing the keyboard problems.

my question is, is this something apple will be able to fix under their standard 1 year warranty or will they say as the USB port has broken it is not their responsibility and i would have to pay for it, i guess they would have to replace the entire motherboard which can be a costly affair.

do you think apple would repair this under warranty or would i have to pay for it, in which case how much do you think i would have to pay in pounds (UK based)

many thanks
butre

USB ports are warranty items, either way Apple will take care of it. I am not an engineer but I do believe that the keyboard and track pad are linked to USB, they do not show up on a system profile but I do believe that they are all connected.

Get a warranty repair, if it has been less than a year, there is no issue.

Back