PB12" battery life question

LordCoven

Registered
Hey there,

I've just gotten a PB12". Now: I'm used to the iBook, which I believe has a longer battery life - so that's the context I'm coming from.
However - the battery life in my PB12" does seem to be quite a LOT shorter than I thought I would be. For example: I finished charging it yesterday at 11:30pm, and then when I just opened it now at 8:30am it had lost 13% of its charge already! Is this normal?? The iBook only ever used to loose about 4% over night.
Can anyone report of similar experiences? Or have I just been sent a duff battery?

Cheers,

C

I had a iBook before and the battery life was great.

I now have a PB12" and the battery life is horrible. The Apple store said turn down the screen lighting and it will use less power. Did not really make a difference.

Oh! and yes I have set the computer to all power saving settings.

At least its not just me, then :) ... I was a bit horrified to see that it had dropped 13% in sleep mode! I mean, its not like the PB should be using more energy in sleep mode than the iBook?? They must have just put a lower quality battery in the PB or something ...

C

This is just unreal! I seem to be loosing more than 1% a minute!! That translates to <2hrs battery life. That's just sucky!
C

AHA! It would, however, appear that the battery is not yet calibrated entirely correctly: I'm currently sitting here with the PB on, and the battery read out claims its at 0%. And its been like that for the last five minutes or so :) There's hope yet :)
C

Back