PB17" mouse button.

dalo

Registered
Hi folks. I have a PowerBook 17" ( http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/17-167.html ).

Something's bugging me. It's the mouse button on this computer. First off, this issue is not in any way electronic, it's purely mechanical. To put it simply, I don't get the correct feedback from the mouse anymore. The thing is not broken, and the click feeling feels just like brand new on the far right side of the button, but on the left side, there's no "click" at all, moving roughly to the center of it.

There are far worse things that can happen to a computer, but this is just slightly too disturbing to completely ignore.

The question is of course what can be done about this, and if people have similar stories like I have about this thing.

Besides that, a brilliant computer in every way.

One thing I do is take a small brush and from time to time brush out the cracks around the button. If you push down the side towards you and brush the opening on the other side then do the opposite it helps clean out mung that finds its way in there. It does make a difference.

The best brush for this needs to have slightly stiff bristles. I use a cheap mascara brush I bought specially for the purpose.

One thing I do is take a small brush and from time to time brush out the cracks around the button. If you push down the side towards you and brush the opening on the other side then do the opposite it helps clean out mung that finds its way in there. It does make a difference.

The best brush for this needs to have slightly stiff bristles. I use a cheap mascara brush I bought specially for the purpose.

Cool, just don't know how sad I am about the fact that I don't own a mascara brush ;-). But I'll have that in mind. What about a piece of paper? Way down there with the sharp edges?

Cool, just don't know how sad I am about the fact that I don't own a mascara brush ;-). But I'll have that in mind. What about a piece of paper? Way down there with the sharp edges?
I used to use a tightly folded piece of paper but then I went down to the corner drugstore and looked for some kind of brush. That's how I found the mascara brush.

The paper helps but it's not as good as a little brush. The little brush that comes with electric shavers is about the same thing. Or try an old toothbrush.

Back