PBG4 Trackpad button?

Aeronyth

Registered
Just randomly I began to notice that most times i was pressing the trackpad button to single click, my computer was double-clicking. occasionally it would get a single click but they mostly got interpreted wrong. I started noticing it when I would click a window and it would minimize into the dock.

I thought since it changed so randomly that it was something I had done (software, etc.) but my USB mouse works just fine..

Now with the Applecare being done I don't even know what I can do at a genius bar...

The topcase should run you about 200$ (replaces keyboard & trackpad part). You'd still have to pay the work, though, probably.

The question, as always with out-of-warranty hardware, is whether you want to invest hundreds of dollars into ageing technology. You could "live with it" (or an external mouse) for a while until you can upgrade to newer hardware. Might still get something for the PB, if that's the only thing failing.

Personally, I'd opt for new hardware.

The topcase should run you about 200$ (replaces keyboard & trackpad part). You'd still have to pay the work, though, probably.

Actually the keyboards are a separate piece just like with the MBPs. The keyboards are screwed onto the top cases.

Back