PC -> Airport Express Internet Disconnects

kurl

Registered
Hi.

I just inherited an Airport Express, which I use to connect to my PC with an 802.11g card, and I'm having the most irksome problem... Sometimes my internet connection simply stops working, though I'm still shown as being connected to the Network. Interestingly, if I disconnect and reconnect to the network, I get Internet back, though there are times when the Internet connectivity only lasts a few seconds.

Is this an interference issue? I've turned on interference robustness, which didn't seem to help, but I think it's curious that I never actually disconnect from the network when this problem happens.

Thanks again!

-Ben

May be unrelated, but I had an inteference problem with neighbors portable (radio not cellular) phone. I ended up changing the channel of the wireless router. So could you have any type of interferences? Like a second wireless network that the PC is hoping to? Or a wireless phone? Also there is probably some PC shareware program to plot you wireless connection strength (I was able to see signal drop out). There is a widget for OS X that I used.

I had the same problem a few days ago and I discovered it was interference from my own 2.4 Ghz wireless phone system. A couple of people on this board reccomended that I switch to a different channel. They suggested channel 11 because that seems to be a channel that is the least susceptable to interference. It worked for me.
Hos

Back