PC cards

colsen

Registered
I have a PC card (PCMCIA card) that takes the flash card from my digital camera. Does anyone know how to use this under OS X.

Under OS 9 it appears as an removable drive when you insert it. Under OS X nothing happens.

Either you need to find specific drivers for that PCMCIA card, or (and I hope this is the case) Apple will include standard drivers for these sorts of things, and they'll hopefully be released soon.

-Rob

Rats.

Frustrating.

Still, I think it's to be expected. It's a brand spanking new operating system. (well, I guess os X server's been out, but not with Aqua).

How long did it take other OS's, even "modern" ones like Linux and BeOS to support USB, FireWire, PCMCIA, and the like? And OS X is, what, a month and half old?

-Rob

Originally posted by rharder
How long did it take other OS's, even "modern" ones like Linux and BeOS to support USB, FireWire, PCMCIA, and the like? And OS X is, what, a month and half old?

-Rob

I find it inexcusable really that there isn't at least some sort of beta PCMCIA support. I mean, they're using netbsd as the reference platform for Darwin. NetBSD has had PCMCIA support for quite a while.

but, alas, I suppose they have their reasons. Until then I'll just be dragging my 100ft ethernet cord around the house until I can use my WaveLAN card again . . .

Back