pc floppies to vpc image

sinclair_tm

wow, 1.4g is way faster!
i just got virtual pc 7 and want to install the copy of msdos 6 that i have, and its on about a dozen floppies. how do i make disk images of the floppies so that i can install dos in the vpc? i do own a pc to read the floppies, and its on the network with my da. i also have an older ppc 8600 with a floppy drive in it i can dig out if i have too. can i just use disk utility to make disk images of them, or do i need something else?

i just got virtual pc 7 and want to install the copy of msdos 6 that i have, and its on about a dozen floppies. ...
This sound like a really bad idea no matter how you "just got" Virtual PC 7. MS-DOS 6 is not supported by VPC 7. If you need any DOS drivers, you can expect none for the virtual machine. If you have MS DOS on floppies, then it would probably be better to get a USB floppy drive and run them from there. It is trivial matter to use Disk Utility to create disk image files. You will still need the floppy drive to mount your source files. It is either that or use your old Power Mac 8600's floppy drive and Disk Copy to make your images.

1st of all, i purchased it at the store this morning, thats how i got vpc7. now that brings up a second question. the book that came with it said win xp or 2000 only, but the on disk readme said msdos or win 95 on up. and the setup wizard also has the option to set up msdos. so does the app itself not even know what it can do? i want to install dos because i have some old apps that i would like to dig up sometime, and vpc7 is more compatible with os x than apple's old pentium pci cards are.

Back