PC Radeon card in B&W G3

thedbp

Frantic Messenger of Hope
Hello,

I was wondering if its possible, or has been done already, to put a PC Radeon PCI card into a B&W G3.

I really want to replace the stock Rage 128, but I can't spend anywhere near what the Mac Radeons are going for. Is it possible to flash the ROM on a PC and then use the card in my Mac? Will it plug'n'play without flashing?

I'd buy a new Mac with AGP graphics, but I'm not going to be finished paying off this G3 for a while, and I want to give my brother my Rage 128 for his 6500. I'm not terribly concerned with gaming, I play Alice and that's about it, but I really want the extra power that the Radeon has for OS X, and I wouldn't mind being able to watch my DVDs on my TV either.

Has anyone heard about this being done or know if it can be?

Thanks!

No, it is not possible to flash the rom with the mac one. T
he rom has a different size so the mac rom file won't fit in the pc rom.

beefpile

This link tells how to flash a Mac ROM onto a PC GeForce 3. They may be of some help, but I've never done it before. I got my Radeon AGP Mac Edition yesterday. At first, I thought I didn't hve enough money, but I check aroun my room for change, and found $49.22 worth of loose change. All this time, and I thought I was poor...

Back