Pcmcia Cardbus Firewire & Usb 2.0 Card

tbmilnes

Registered
I just purchased a PCMCIA card from Sanxi Technologies. The card is supposed to be Mac OS X compatible, it says so on the box. When i put it into my 15" Titanium Powerbook 800Mhz the card icon appears in the menu bar and when clicked the menu reads 'Unknown Vendor" then "USB Controller" then "Poweroff Card." All but the third is greyed out. System profiler recognizes all the added ports when the card is in. However, when I plug a USB or Firewire device into the card, the device is powered but will not interact with the computer. I cant recognize hard drives connected to the USB port, nor can I recognice an iPod. I installed what I thought was the right USB 2.0 driver but I still cannot get it to work. It seems that several vendors make this exact card, some say it is Mac compatible other do not. I'm using 10.4.2. How can I fix this, or is there at least a work-around? Thanks SO much.

I'm having the exact same issue with the Sabrent SBT-PCA4 USB 2.0 & Firewire 1394a 32-Bit PCMCIA CardBus Combo. It worked perfectly under 10.2.x, but is giving the exact same symptoms since I upgraded to 10.3.x.

Back