PCMCIA - PC card on X?

Hi,

Read your post. Which type of PCMCIA card are you considering? A fast ethernet card, a modem card, firewire?

There are plenty cards available, but you'll need to be more specific.

whats the point? you have everything on a powerbook.... network, usb, firewire...

Im sure most audio stuff works with X, or WILL be working with X soon... Pro Tools has just migrated, as will many other apps/devices...

What's the point? Thats what I was asking BBenve. He might want a bluetooth card, or an extra ethernet port. Who knows?

Right!
My powerbook wallstreet for instance doesn't have usb and firewire so I am glad to have my pc cards. And they just work fine with osX.

Originally posted by BBenve
Does Anyone know what PCMCIA or PC card are avaiablefor mac osx?

Thanks

Mostly FireWire, USB/USB2 and CF/SD/MMC/SM card readers. Maybe a GPS or two, too, and maybe bluetooth.

I bought a pretect Compact Flash Adapter , and I converted it to PCMCIA with a SANDISK converter , OSX finds it as a PCMCIA-SERIAL DEVICE. Ive tested it with a Japanese GPS program called GPSe , This program s native to OSX. I am waiting for Route 66 to finish Route 66 2003 for OSX this april 2003 , Version 2002 is OSX Native.

Originally posted by nox
I bought a pretect Compact Flash Adapter , and I converted it to PCMCIA with a SANDISK converter , OSX finds it as a PCMCIA-SERIAL DEVICE. Ive tested it with a Japanese GPS program called GPSe , This program s native to OSX. I am waiting for Route 66 to finish Route 66 2003 for OSX this april 2003 , Version 2002 is OSX Native.
So you've got a CF GPS connected to a CF-PCMCIA adaptor that's connected to your Mac? Whoa :)

Yeah my Compact FLash card just worked I didnt have to load drivers or tweak anything ...

Originally posted by nox

What did all that cost you?

Pretec Compact Flash GPS card was $179 @ fry's or outpost.com
CF to PCMCIA(PC CARD) converter $10-50 Depending where you buy it

I bought the CF card for m PDA , and i was amazed that it worked

n0x

Cool. I was planning to do this myself when my Holux CF GPS card gets here. I was curious to see if that would work. This gives me new hope. I already have the CF-to-PCMCIA adapter for my CF memory on my digital camera.

My Holux should be here Monday! :)

-Alex

Back