PCMCIA TV Tuner?

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
Hi all!
I am looking around for a PCMCIA TV Tuner for my powerbook (not necessarily looking to buy one right this second - but keeping my options open). I was excited to see formac's PCMCIA tuner....but it is DVB-T (a standard which is not used in North America)

Rant: Damn it! They F*ed up with NTSC versus PAL versus SECAM, you'd think that they could get their heads together for one unified digital broadcasting standard! - end rant

Anyway, are there any NTSC or ATSC PCMCIA tuners out there that are mac compatible? a quick google through the net shows a bunch of TV/FM tuners, but they all say windows only :(

Any ideas?

AdmiralAK said:
Rant: Damn it! They F*ed up with NTSC versus PAL versus SECAM, you'd think that they could get their heads together for one unified digital broadcasting standard! - end rant

I heard HD is finally expanding to a provider in the UK... so... hopefully HD WILL be a world standard.

HD seems to be thinning out to two standards.... 720 Progressive and 1080 Interlaced... most new TVs can convert from either to the native format.

- End sidebar.

Back