PDA decision: HP iPAQ H1910 or Clie T665C

d8n_two

Registered
While Christmas day was very good to me, it has left me with a tough decision. My uncle got me an iPAQ H1910, but obviously, I'm a Mac user and PocketPC isn't exactly Mac-friendly. I can exchange it for one of two Palm OS options: the Palm m515 or the Sony Clie T665C. I need some advice.

For those who use a PocketPC device, what has been your experience? I'm not interested in using Virtual PC to synch, but what about PocketMac software?

Most people have told me to forget about the m515. Anyone suggest otherwise? What about the T665C? I've heard the Clies have issues with Macs? True? I really like the look and features of this Clie, and I'm leaning toward it. What do you think?

Thanks in advance. BTW, for those who might suggest it, I'm not interested in getting the cash and buying an iPod or waiting for an Apple PDA. I need a more features than simple PIM software.

I hope you didn't get the iPaq. If you are a Mac user you have no good options to connect a PocketPC with a Mac. PocketMac is, well, rotten.

Get the Clie, specifically an NR70 or NX70 series. PocketPC's may have great spects, but it's wasted on bloat. Also, if a great screen important to you, the Clie's have the best out there.

I hope it is not too late!

Nope, not too late. I'm getting the Clie T665c, it's only about $50 more than the iPAQ it got for Christmas, so I'm exchanging it. I wish I could afford an NX-series Clie, but it's out of my reasonable price range. Besides, this PDA will just be a holdover until Apple release their all-synching, all-powerful iPhone :).

Back