PDF export. from a Fh.(mx) with linked CMYK imgs.

valsviena

Registered
Hello all, I'm asking for advice:

The problem is that in the PDF exported file, the images that were linked as CMYK (in Freehand) are seen in this pdf as the color had been inverted (the white appears black...).

I've recently moved to new OS X and iMacG5, from the old OS9 and Mac G4; I had those documents as Freehand8, and had no problems. Now, i work with Fh MX, and it seems that the linked images must be RGB to obtain a correct PDF exported file.

Thak you very much!

First of all, welcome to Freehand hell. FH10 (FHX) and Freehand MX was the downhill slide for Macromedia. (I've used it commercially for more than 5 years).

CMYK images are be fine in FH, but don't use the Export PDF function in FH as it is just a nasty one that macromedia cludged together, not the nice thing from Adobe you know as PDF. ALWAYS either export to EPS, or print to postscript then distill with Acrobat distiller 6+ in OSX (don't get me started about the font activation nightmare of Distiller in Classic).

Are you placing tifs or some other type of raster file in your Freehand docs? If you are placing CMYK jpgs, that's your problem right there…

Back