PDF printing

andrewhicks

Registered
Hi,

Has anyone found a way to improve printing PDF files under 10.2?

Whenever I print multiple copies of a PDF page, the computer seems to send the page each time to the printer, before it prints out. When I do the same on a windows machine, the page is sent once, and the printer gets on with printing multiple pages.

For example, I recently connected up at work, and printed 100 copies of a page from a PDF file. The Mac sent 100 pages to the printer, which took a few moments, then each time the printer printed a page, it was as if it was printing the page from scratch. I wouldn't have minded, but the page was not a simple layout, and it took 3-4 minutes to send the page and set the printer up then print. Multiply 4 minutes for each instance of the same page by 100 pages, and it would have taken 5 hours or more to achieve the task, an a HP colour laserprinter.

When I do the same from the PC, using Acrobat 6 (on both platforms), the PC send the page once (not 100 pages), then the prints churn out one after the other rather quickly.

Does anyone know why there should be such a difference with PDF printing? It is the same on my laser at home, and the inkjet (which is a lot slower anyway). If anyone else has seen this, have you found a way to speed up the process?

Thanks
Andrew

Back