Pen scanner for Mac OS X

sverremac

Registered
I know about the Iris pen scanner that are avaiable at the Apple shop. But I am looking for one that is portable, one that does not need to be connected to the computer with USB as scanning, but can be connected for downloading. C pen has software for the old Mac OS, but not for OS X. I also know about the "Docupen" that scan whole pages, but that is not my need.

Has anyone found any good solution that works with Mac OS X, I would be glad to hear. Thank you!

Sverremac
Norway

Thank you!

:) :) :)

:) Can't understand I didn't see this. This must be new, I have searched C pen before, read answers on their site, and even asked them by mail.

The C 10 is a one that need connection to the computer. Then it is not what I am looking for... So still I am searhing. But thank's anyway!

Yes they are portable, for downloading to the computer there is a problem with Mac. I quote from c-pen's site: "You need a Mac computer with a built-in infrared port. Most PowerBooks and the old iMac Rev A has that. It is currently not possible to use a cable connection."

Maybe my question then is: Can I buy and use an infrared port with my OS X,in Classic OS 9?

Back