Performance And Font Problems Using Tiger 10.4.2

mklk57

Registered
I have two Mac G5s running Tiger 10.4.2 that were installed about a month ago. One of the Macs runs just fine the other is experiencing intermittent problems with my fonts not being recognized and a very sluggish performance. I am currently using Extensis Suitcase X1 v.11.0.2E for my font management. I noticed that the font problem is more prominent in the Adobe applications such as Illustrator 10, CS, CS2 and Photoshop but not as much of an issue in Freehand or Quark. The only way that I can do my work using the proper fonts is by booting up in the "Safe Boot" mode but I do not have access to any printing. Printers and scanners are disabled. I have removed font cach files using Font Cache Expunger and turned off fonts using Font Book and even remade my printers. No success! There seems to be some sort of conflict. The problem can go away for several days and then reappear. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

_Mike Kiedrowski

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Power Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac7,3
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.7 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.35 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.4f1
Serial Number: G85241XYRU0

hi there,

i just saw your post. i installed tiger yesterday and am currently experiencing the same font problems you mentioned. did you found a solution. if so, would you mind sharing? i'd really appreciate it.

this is really frustrating!

thanks

Back