Performance of Intel-Macs

fryke said:
Xenon is the PowerPC to be used by the Xbox360.
I was wondering when someone was going to mix up Xenon and Xeon.
Perhaps Mac will get a rebadged Xeon called PowerXeon or Peon for short. :D

MacFreak said:
Wait a min.. I see the image of that Steve Jobs demo Intel run only single not dual? Why not Steve click on "More Info" to show us what will we have on the hardware? :mad: Guess we have to wait till the developer get this hardwares and let us know.. Grrr..
I've been thinking about a developer system, I'd like to see what hardware is in there. I wonder if it lacks the hardware dongle. $1499 to find out, I may just try it.

The "news" from XLR8 is that the dev machines have a phoenix bios.. Intel admitted years ago that Firmware (such as OpenFirmware) is the way to go.. and as i said, I can't see steve accepting a board with a BIOS for production

xarcom said:
I just read an article on appleinsider that state that the Intel Mac that Steve demoed on was a quad CPU 3.6 P4.... Thats alot of machine to run OSX on.... I wonder if its any indication of how well (or bad) performance will be on these yet to be released macs...

Any computer/software company would be nailing shut their own coffin by delivering a product that is slower than its predecessors. It's simple ecomonics.

They'll perform better than what's currently out when you factor in like-configged machines.

Back