Persistent stuck processes

jchristopherx

Registered
Hello,

I am trying to determine and fix the cause of continuous stuck processes on my OS when performing such basic tasks as running iTunes and Firefox (it is particularly bad with FF). Sometimes these processes are stuck for a period of 5 minutes - 8 minutes. A lot of waiting time.

I've attempted to diagnose using the 'top' command in the terminal but I dont see any processes that are taking a lot of processing time. I have sufficient ram of about 700MB free space on average. Idle time for CPU rarely goes below 50% with running these apps.

When things are slow, I try looking at the processes using ps -auxc but dont see any stuck processes designated with the letter 'T' in the Stat column.

I verified the disk perms and disk verified to ensure it was not I/O related problems with my HD and I get no error. I have about 58GB available so no issues with space.

I went as far as reinstalling the OS fresh and installing all the upgrades and still cannot determine why I get stuck processes that last longer than a minute.

What else should i do to diagnose the problems. And if these are uninterruptable processes related to I/O what can I do to fix this?

Back