Personal Laserwriter 320 and X

TLM

Registered
Hello all,

Okay i'm having troubles to connect my 'old' Personal Laserwriter 320 to my G4 450.

Back when i used OS 9 i bought a Stealth Serial card and hooked the printer up to that card, and all worked as expected.

But on OS X (10.2 now) i'm not able to get the Laserwriter to work. I know it's one of the supported printers, but for the live of me i can't get to function.

Anybody knows how i should solve this.

TIA

TLM
G4 450 AGP DVD-RAM • 640 MB • 30 • 60 GB

Yep, AppleTalk must be on and the printer must use Ethernet. Then the Print Center will see it.

Well i still haven't connected that 'old' printer to use under OS X (maybe i don't need the printer that much, i'm plain lazy, i don't have time for the moment or i'm really living in the digital age :D

But i figure buying a localtalk to ethernet adapter and a hub will cost approx. as much as buying a new inkjet printer these days. But then again most of my prints are pure black/white or grayscale.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, very much appreciated.

TLM

I am novice, please forgive any breach of protocol

I have a G5 running 10.4.3 I don't even know if 9 is loaded on the computer and I am not looking to use 9.

I cannot get my 320 to run on the G5.

If I network to my old G3, I can print when the 320 is connected to the G3. The 320 is the greatest peripheral ever invented. I have been using the same one for over 10 years maybe 15 now. Anyway.....The 320 works fine printing off the G3, but when I try to connect directly to the G5, using a Keyspan USB to Twin Serial port adapter, it does not work. The G5 recognizes the 320 but will not print to it. I have updated the Keyspan adapter.

It sounds like I need to buy an Ethernet adapter of some nature. Could someone educate me on that please.

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and time.

Bill G

Back