Philadelphia Mac User Group

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
Hey, I was thinking to myself...it'd be really neat to meet up with people from MacOSX.com and we could do all kinds of cool mac stuff and workshops and what not. Would anyone be interested in doing this and meeting in Philadelphia? I think it'd be a great way to hang out, meet people, and make the mac community bigger and badder. If interested, reply! I'm interested to see if anyone would like to join...

I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Our local group fell to pieces last year,not enough "hardcore" people.Of course we're nowhere near the size of Philly either :D. Just guessing but Philly probably has more people than our entire province.:(

markceltic said:
I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Our local group fell to pieces last year,not enough "hardcore" people.
Yeah, I've got the same problem in Sydney - been trying to get together with like minded Mac users for ages now.

Tried both my local user groups - composed almost entirely of 60+ year olds (I'm 34), mostly running OS9 and just discussing the latest product announcements (which I already knew about via the net weeks earlier) over coffee and biscuits. They were nice enough people, but not what I'm looking for from a user group.

Tried www.meetup.com as well, but no hardcore Mac users there either. Couldn't even get enough people voting together to have a single meeting. :rolleyes:

No Apple store, no iTunes music store, no hardcore user groups. Damn, I wish I lived in Philly (or Tokyo :D).

Kap

Back