photos stored on IPHOTO

welshviking

Registered
i have over 600 photos stored on iphoto, if i was to upgrade to panther 10.3 from 10.1.5 would the photos automatically go onto the panther iphotos, or would i have to save them to disc then copy onto the new version.......colin

It should go if you just upgrade, But I would suggest you save all, just in case. And do a clean install (keeping user's folders), many users have said that they had problems by using the upgrade (I didn't).

welshviking said:
i have over 600 photos stored on iphoto, if i was to upgrade to panther 10.3 from 10.1.5 would the photos automatically go onto the panther iphotos, or would i have to save them to disc then copy onto the new version.......colin

Upgrading to Panther should not affect your iPhoto library. If you have updated your iPhoto, then there shouldn't be too much to worry about.
I have read reports where some photos occasionally get 'lost' during an upgrade of iPhoto. You can always export your photo library to another disk for safekeeping. click on your photo library, then go to edit/select all, then to File/export, and export to another disk.
After upgrade to Panther, open iPhoto, see if all your photos are still there (iPhoto shows how many are in a library, same number, you should be safe.)
If the number is considerably less, then you can re-import your exported library...

make a backup of your iphoto library. I nearly lost mine after I upgraded to panther with the filevault issues. my external hd bit the dust and the only thing that saved me was an external dvd backup.

iphoto stores all its photos in your pictures folder, so you can just copy the entire folder to another location if you're worried.

Back