Photoshop 7

ristin_uk

Kent Lad
I just read in the latest issue of MacUser that Photoshop for X hasn't even entered beta testing:confused:
Is this true??
And will the next version of Photoshop be 6.5 or 7?

Apparently GoLive 6'll be out ages before Photoshop.

When can I abandon Classic??
The only reason I use it is to use GoLive + Photoshop/
Ooh, AND RealPlayer (When's an X version of THAT coming out??)

*giggle* Lotsa questions ;)

to be the last Adobe app to make it to OSX.

GoLive has been beta for a while (it's been floating around the web for a few weeks, but is by no means anywhere near finished!)

Expect InDesign and GoLive early next year.

That contradicts what I've read over at RailheadDesign. Apparently Photoshop has been in beta for quite some time, and is expected to be announced at MWSF with a release sometime in February.

The worst case scenario (if we are to believe Bruce Chizen) is that it will be March before it's released.

have certainly kept those Betas close to their chests!

Every Adobe app that has been produced, and every version possible, have consistently had betas flying over the web.

If the Beta isout, I can understabd them keeping it under wraps, but I doubt if they ever could, once it was sent out for testing!

Illustrator 10, GoLive 6, inDesign 2 (now even AfterEffects) have had the betas being exchanged more than Passports out of Afghanistan!;)

What about Photoshop Elements? I don't wanna spend a few extra hundred bucks just for the pen tools :D

ok, so the gimp isn't photoshop...

...but:
Photoshop Elements: $99
GIMP: $0

I'd give it a serious try, I think its pretty nice unless you need CMYK or something.

Unfortunately, I need CMYK. I'm already trained on photoshop and we own several licenses, so GIMP is not even on our list of things to own.

BTW>The next version of GIMP will support CMYK color spaces. Although if you care about color accuracy, I would expect that it would not be adequate.

In any case, I am holding out for hte Cocoa Version of GIMP. I have weaned myself from PhotoShop, the only thing that PhotoShop still does that I no-one else does as well (for web development) is selections for things like dropping background from images.

I have not tried this on GIMP 'cause the interface in the XDarwin version drive me up a wall. I have a mental block against menus not being on top of the screen. :D

For my needs, PhotoShop is too expensive. FireWorks does everything I need but the selection stuff.

Back