Photoshop and PDFs

MacNEO

Dirty Mac Monkey
I make a screen shot of my desktop and I can't open it in Photoshop 7.0. What's up with that? Do I need a plugin or something?

You should be able to open it just dandy. If you can't do it with File > Open, try File > Import.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't open. What sort of error message(s) do you get?

Have the PDF import plugin on ? It should be by default. I'm not even sure it's a plugin now. If your scrnshot is taken with the Apple PDF tool, no reason at all it shouldn't work.

Yeah, I don't understand. When I go file open and select any file type when I have the screenshot selected, Photoshop says "Cannot be opened because file is not a "tiff, jpeg, photoshop PDF, etc." file. I pointed Photoshop to the plugins folder and that didn't help. The File>Import fucntion is grayed out, so I can't try that. I looked on the PS cd and don't see and plugins on there that would help. I have a habbit of doing minimal installs of OS and Cd programs so I don't know if that is it? I somehow don't think that should matter. The only way I can get it to work is to save the PDF in Acrobat as a tiff then open that in PS.

Nope didn't have that. Installed it from the install disk and all is happy now! Thanx for the help!!!

Back