Photoshop CS Install Problem

marvelous1_555

Registered
Downloaded the Photoshop CS trial in a .sit file, only type I can find. Anyways, after the file is unzipped or unstuffed, the folder comes up with one icon "Install Photoshop CS". I click on the icon and it tells me I need to pick an application to do it with....don't know what application to use here. I'm pretty new with macs and any help is appreciated.

Im running OSX panther on a powerbook g4 15"

Click on the icon and when it asks for an application, choose Installer in your Utility folder and see if it will install.

hmmm.....tried that and Installer comes up blank. Any other suggestions? Possible system corruption? File is not corrupt at least I downloaded it from 3 different sources, and all the same effect. Thanks so far though.

You may have to Get Info on the icon and choose "Open With" and search through the list till you find an "Installer" type program. Maybe your computer is just unsure what the Installer file is.

could you have downloaded the PC version by mistake?

Did that. Installer comes up and says something like "Welcome to the %@ Installer" and nothing works inside of it, and all the information is blank. I've used Installer before and everything worked fine. The file I downloaded is "en_US tryout.sit" right from the adobe website, mac version. Any more help is appreciate, thanks so far.

What browser did you use for the download? Do you have a download helper installed, like Speed Download?

Try maybe just another browser...

Back