Photoshop CS2 problem

geofcoulson

Registered
Currently using 10.5.6 on an emac 1.25, 768 sdram with 150Gb.

I have been using PS 2 for ages to improve my photos from a Pentax camera without any problems. All of a sudden, when opening a pic downloaded from the camera, I am getting a message:-

EMBEDDED PROFILE MISMATCH
The document "..............jpg" has an embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB working space.
Embedded sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Working : Monitor RGB - Apple RGB

What would you like to do?
1) Use the embedded profile (instead of working space)
2) Convert documents colours to the working space
3) Discard the embedded profile (don't colour manage)

So far I have converted the pics one at a time without difficulty but it adds an extra process to it all. Why am I getting this message and how can I get rid of it??

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Geoff Coulson

Could be a few other issues aside from nix, which is also a reason why.

Could also be the color settings in your camera that don't match Photoshop settings. In your camera settings, locate color mode and verify that it is set to Adobe RGB. If it is set to Adobe RGB, and photoshop color setting is set to Adobe RGB, then the box that asks you to specify the color profile shouldn't be popping up at all.

Also, are you using software to transfer photos from your camera to your computer? This could pose a problem as well, if this software is changing color space as the photos pass through it. Kodak cameras sometimes have that Kodak EasyShare software you have to use to transfer photos. Not sure about Pentax, but anyway, there are always ways to get around it.

You should probably reset photoshop to its defaults first, as this sometimes fixes most photoshop problems. Hold Command + Option + Shift down while starting photoshop and a box will pop up asking if you want to delete the prefs file. OR locate the Preferences file and delete it manually.

Last edited:
Thanks Nix & Greg
since posting this query, I went into CS 2 /Edit /Colour settings....and unticked the box "profile mismatches"....this has done the trick and I get no warning and there seems to be no change in the pic that comes up......strange though, I have been using CS 2 and the camera for a couple of years and OS 10.5 some 14 months(certainly the Camera settings have not been altered). It would be nice to know what has caused it...unless a recent mac update has disturbed the preferences but I can't think how.
I guess its...alls well that ends well!!
Thanks for your replies
Geoff

Back